Job Title: Territory Manager
- You will be responsible for managing regional direct sales and business development activities, delivering the strategic plan to meet the business needs and supporting the development of sales /B2B strategies to maximize profitability and (B2B) sales opportunities.
- In addition to geographical and financial accountability, you will have an opportunity to recruit and build a winning team in the territory.
- You must possess strong sales and business development experience with an excellent network of contacts and transferable skills, preferably from the corporate training and capacity-development-consulting sector in Lagos.
- The ideal candidate must also be conversant with the use of sales application programs like Sales Force, CRM Dynamics etc.
Key Objectives of the Job
- Leadership of the Lagos sales team.
- Delivering the Lagos regional targets and growing the business in line with targets.
- Supporting the sales team in developing and maintaining a sales network in Lagos
- Developing accurate Sales Forecasts for Lagos and preparing the necessary reporting infrastructure to support that.
- Generate new business for Lagos, identifying new clients and new platform opportunities.
- Manage the Budget for the Territory.
- Work effectively with the Country Director and Managers from other Territories when pursuits require Sales team cooperation between different Geographical Territories or Sector Markets
- Expected to spend time mentor your team, meet with clients, stakeholders, and others.
- Travel is expected to be in excess of 50% of your time.
- 50% New Business Development | 50% Account Management
- BSc/HND in Marketing/ Business Administration/ Social Sciences or a related field with a minimum of second class lower
Knowledge and Experience:
- Cognate experience in a sales role in Abuja Training and Consulting Industry.
- 6-7 years verifiable commercial and business experience
- Strong personal sales network in the Training and Consulting industry
- Self-motivated with excellent leadership qualities
- Ability to work independently, remotely and effectively within a diverse team
- Good listening, presentation, negotiation and communication skills.
- Data-driven and conversant with the use of sales and marketing application programs like Sales Force, CRM Dynamics etc
Specific Job Skills:
- Telesales skills
- Physical sales skills
- Understands the sales process
- Can use both Word and Excel
- Ability to demonstrate Interpersonal and influencing skills
- Understands how to sell
- Can demonstrate their ability to manage their time so that they can maximise the number of phone calls and visits made to a client
- Understands how to research and identify prospective clients
- Can present feedback using Word, Excel and other presentation applications
- Is articulate
- Can provide evidence that they can influence others
- Evidence of working towards objectives and achieving goals
- Can provide evidence that they are self-motivated and able to work independently, remotely and within a team
- Address Lagos, Nigeria
- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10