Bourbon Oil and Gas – As international leader in marine services, “Bourbon” offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services delivered by 11 000 experienced and competent employees across 45 countries. By joining “Bourbon” you will be “Under the flag of excellence.
JOB TITLE: Surfer / Crew boat Pilot
JOB STATUS: Permanent Staff
JOB TYPE: Full Time Job, Graduate/Experienced
REMUNERATION: Very Attractive,
Job Profile Ref. ID: 150289
As Master onboard, Surfer Pilot is responsible for all aspects of safe vessel operation, at all time. He has full authority and responsibility to take any and all measures necessary to ensure safety: safeguard human life, protects assets and prevent pollution.
- Responsible and in charge of Navigation, Preparation, Maneuvering the vessel and managing emergency situations
- Supervise passengers and cargo transfer
- Ensures vessel tidiness and cleanliness, and routine maintenance
- In charge of compliance to Bourbon and Clients policies and procedures; Motivating personnel to apply policies and follow procedures, by providing information and familiarization and by carrying out emergency drills
- Conduct crew management and training
- In charge of reporting technical or operational incident to the Management necessary and practicable to do.
- Ensuring that the bridge is sufficiently manned at all times, taking into consideration the prevailing conditions and the principles of safe manning.
- Reporting (Daily/Weekly/Monthly) as applicable and required
- The ideal candidate should possess the following requirement.
- Possess the required Basic and Advanced mandatories
- Possess Marine Deck Officer Certificate of Competency (preferably OOW unlimited)
- Possess a valid International passport.
- Possess a valid discharge book showing a minimum of 12 months sea-term experience in the marine industry.
- Possess a valid yellow card Possess a valid medical certificate Must be registered as a seafarer with NIMASA
- Possession of relevant additional qualification will be an added advantage
KEY SKILLS AND BEHAVIOUR
- Safety oriented
- High Technical skills
- Creative and Innovative
- Highly articulate
- Team oriented and outgoing
- Ability to work with little or no supervision Languages:
- Language: Fluent in English
- Computer knowledge: Basic knowledge of MS Office Remuneration Salary is highly competitive within industry standards
What We Offer
- Opportunity to be a part of an international company powered by technology and customer interaction
- Explore your passion for innovation and your desire to join a leader. You will enjoy an open, high performance culture that encourages idea generation and thought exploration
- Exposure to working in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment, as well as the most recent trends of global Marine and Logistics technology.
- Continuous learning and development
- On the job training and mentorship programs provided by senior experts in the industry.
How to Apply: Kindly send CV to
- Address Rivers State
- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5