Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Philanthropies Lead
Job Number: 784364
Locations: Cote d’Ivoire and Nigeria
Profession: Legal & Corporate Affairs
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment Type: Full-Time
- At Microsoft, we believe technology is a powerful force for improving people’s lives. We see it every day in our work—whether it is students discovering the magic of creating something new with code, or health workers who use cloud services to diagnose illnesses better, collaborate with colleagues, and treat patients
- Through Microsoft Philanthropies we will help fulfill Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more by providing the benefits of technology, and the skills to use and create it, to people and organizations who need them the most
- We advance the company’s mission by making the opportunities of our rapidly evolving digital economy accessible to all people, particularly those most at risk of being left behind
- As such, we are looking for a seasoned Corporate Social Responsibility / Corporate Philanthropy professional who will be charged with managing the local enablement and implementation of Microsoft Philanthropies in Sub-Saharan Africa, reporting to the MEA Regional Director of Microsoft Philanthropies.
- The Philanthropies’ Lead reports to the MEA Philanthropies Regional Director and will enable the implementation of Microsoft Philanthropies programs for Sub-Saharan Africa.
In so doing, the Philanthropies Lead has the following responsibilities:
- Represent the Microsoft Philanthropies organization in Sub-Saharan Africa, serving as subject-matter-expert and liaison for business stakeholders, providing timely insight, feedback and expert field implementation of Microsoft Philanthropies’ top strategies and priorities.
- Work with the Sub-Saharan Africa Leadership team to represent the Philanthropies core strategies and initiatives to drive maximum impact and align with the business priorities.
- Work with the Microsoft Philanthropies programs teams to implement core strategies and programs for the maximum impact, including: Skills and Employability, S500 Engagement, Employee Engagement, public policy and advocacy initiatives, and social good marketing.
- Create a strategic plan, setting goals, aligning with internal and external stakeholders, balancing investment delivery through both a depth approach and breadth tactics enabling broad reach of beneficiaries.
- Build a rhythm of engagement between MEA Philanthropies and the Sub-Saharan Philanthropies to provide guidance and content to drive excellence in execution.
- Provide insights and feedback to global field guidance and programmatic planning, as well as adapt content for local implementation of programs and campain.
Digital Skills and Employability:
- Execute on the Digital Skills and Employability (DS+E) strategy to equip underserved communities with computing and AI skills to be employed in the digital economy.
- Work with stakeholders (Learning Partners, Nonprofit Partners, Employment and Govt Agencies) to define the DS+E strategy for Sub-Saharan Africa in order to drive scale and impact.
- Execute, strengthen and expand partnership with African Development Bank aligning with the Skills and employability strategy and AI for Good program to drive scale and impact.
- Engage Microsoft’s most important strategic customers and partners in Sub-Saharan Africa to advance Microsoft’s Philanthropic and TCR priorities while deepening partnerships with our most strategic customers.
- Focus on finding and developing partnership opportunities to advance our priorities in Digital Skills & Employability, AI for Good, and in driving Employee Engagement.
AI Country Plan:
- Play a key role in leading Pillar 4 of the AI Country plan. Engage with the AICP leaders and stakeholders to ensure a strong plan is developed for Pillar 4 that aligns to the rest of the AICP.
External Comms (PR, Marketing):
- Improve perception and awareness of Microsoft’s societal impact
- Ensure that the impact driven by Philanthropies programs becomes a key element for Sub-Saharan Africa Subsidiary’s executives and employees to tell the story of Microsoft’s footprint at a local, regional, and national level.
Contribute to drive Business Impact:
- Build strategic partnerships with the local Subsidiaries, align with the AICP so that Philanthropies programs may help open doors and strengthen relationships that can pave the way for business impact.
Operational / Administrative:
- Manage the Corp and local budgets effectively, including allocation, and management of the forecast and spend on time and within compliance.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in project managing social impact initiatives, ideally for multi-year projects spanning large geographic region, in a CSR / corporate setting or philanthropy / nonprofit leadership type of role.
- Experience in managing and implementing employability programs.
- Proven ability and experience in developing and managing public private partnerships.
- Creative, innovative and growth mind set.
- Strategic and inclusive thinking.
- Strong understanding of emerging digital technologies and the opportunities that these new trends offer to advance social and economic outcomes.
- Aptitude to understand how to leverage technology (AI4Good) in addressing Societal challenges.
- Ability to manage several moving parts at once and being comfortable with tight deadlines and prioritization in a dynamic environment.
- Proven ability and executive presence to gain alignment with business priorities for a CSR action plan and buy-in from business leaders.
- Regional understanding, and context: Ability to the set strategy and execute programs to deliver measurable impact, knowing the context of Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Ability to work with the multiple stakeholders across the Area (CELA, Government Affairs, Education, Account Teams etc, government, non-profits) to align on priorities and projects and make the team better.
- Ability to engage with customer executives to define and execute and effective partnership.
- Ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and commitment to diversity.
- Ability to travel frequently throughout Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in both English and French.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away.
- Address Lagos, Nigeria
- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5