Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Support Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To manage the customer support department to resolve all customer complaints in order to retain existing customers.
- Manages a significant operational area for the organization
Policy Development & Implementation:
- Develop procedures and interprets and applies policy for area of expertise to achieve specified outputs, or advise the wider business on application of policy, then monitor implementation of those procedures within the organization.
Budgeting & Costing:
- Deliver a budget for an area of the organization or conduct complex analyses on budget progress in other areas of the organization.
Data Collection & Analysis:
- Conduct research using primary data sources and select information needed for the analysis of key themes and trends.
- Deliver small-scale or medium-scale projects while working within an established program management plan.
- Manages a medium customer service area or several discrete customer service sections with guidance from senior colleagues, developing and delivering activities and solving complex issues to meet customer service standards.
- General Education University (First degree)
- General Experience – Experience enables job holder to deal with the majority of situations and to advise others (Over 3 years to 6 years)
- Experience of supervising and directing people and other resources to achieve specific end results within limited timeframes (13 months to 3 years)
Plans and aligns:
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals. For example, strengthens alignment and coordination between own work and others’, providing well-sequenced activities and exact time frames. Foresees and resolves many potential bottlenecks and delays.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. For example, enlists a range of stakeholders to add value; ensures they are well informed and surprises are avoided. Confronts and challenges “us vs. them”; shows strong appreciation for others’ efforts toward shared goals.
- Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions. For example, solicits customer feedback and data; conveys a clear understanding of the level of service the team is providing; takes action when standards are not met by team; aligns business process with customer needs.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, helps team hold each other accountable for goals, adherence to policies and procedures. Tracks team metrics and milestones, redirecting effort, as necessary, for continued progress.
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. For example, looks at complex issues from multiple angles; explores issues to uncover underlying issues and root causes; sees the main consequences and implications of different options.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge to act independently while providing guidance and training to others on using clear and effective verbal communications skills to express ideas, request actions and formulate plans or policies.
Policy and Regulation:
- Works independently and provides guidance and training to others while interpreting and applying comprehensive knowledge of laws, regulations and policies in area of expertise.
- Applies understanding of the business environment and objectives to develop solutions without supervision, while also providing technical assistance when necessary.
- Independently supports business processes with comprehensive understanding and effective use of standard office equipment and standard software packages, while also providing guidance and training to others.
Policy and procedures:
- Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing guidance and training to others on developing, monitoring, interpreting and understanding policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives.
Data Collection and analysis:
- Works independently and provides guidance and training to others on analyzing data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making.
- Address Lagos, Nigeria
- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10