Terre des hommes (Tdh) is leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
General description of the position:
The purpose of the position is to support the most vulnerable and at-risk boys, girls, men and women through provision of safe and confidential case management services implemented in accordance with the Inter-agency Case Management Guidelines. The post holder will be in charge of implementing case management activities in Maiduguri project locations ensuring high-quality case management service delivery. The job location depends on assignment and might change based on project’s evolving needs.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Provide individual tailored comprehensive Child Protection Case Management Services to Unaccompanied, Separated and Vulnerable Children as per the Case Management Standard Operating Procedures.
- Receive and provide referral services for specialized case management services.
- Ensure the confidentiality of the information collected during the case management services and input the information on digital platforms.
- Establish harmonious working environment with wide range of stakeholders more specifically, children, beneficiaries, service providers, community leaders, religious leaders, local government authorities.
- Raise the profile of case management services in the project area by training volunteers and raising awareness in the community.
- Support the establishment and strengthen of Community Based Child Protection mechanisms.
- Make strong efforts for the sustainability of the Community Based Child Protection Mechanisms by linking them to government structures and long term programs/projects.
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is upheld at all times.
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
- Language Skills: Fluent in local languages and in English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University degree in Social Work, Social Studies, Human Rights, or any other related discipline.
- Work experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in the field of Child Protection / Case Manaegemnt / SGBV / Social work.
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills.
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software.
- Other: Knowledge of child protection systems in Northeastern Nigeria/Good capacity building and supervisory skills / Previous experience in child protection case management is highly desirable.
- Acquaintance with NGO’ rules, procedures and regulations; Acquaintance with the Child Protection Minumim Standards, good knowledge of the Inter-agency Guidelines for Case Management and Child Protection
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Address Borno
- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5