We serve smallholder farmers. In everything we do, we place the Farmer First. We measure success in our ability to make more farmers more prosperous. We envision a future in which every farm family has the knowledge and means to achieve big harvests, support healthy families, and cultivate rich soil.
These are the core values that drive our work:
- Humble Service. We meet farmers in their fields, and we get our shoes muddy. Farmers are our customers, and we serve them with humility.
- Hard Work. We work hard every day. We execute with world-class professionalism and business excellence. Farmers deserve nothing less.
- Continual Growth. We improve every season. We work with determination to meet our goals and then stretch ourselves by raising the bar even higher.
- Family of Leaders. We bring together the best leaders and build long-term careers. We care for team members like family.
- Dreaming Big. We envision serving millions of farm families. We build for scale with every idea and solution.
- Integrity. We do what we say, and our words match our values.
Farmers are the Answer
When farmers improve their harvests, they pull themselves out of poverty. They also start producing surplus food for their neighbors. When farmers prosper, they eradicate poverty and hunger in their communities.
One Acre Fund is growing quickly and we are proud to soon represent Africa’s largest network of smallholder farmers. By 2020, we will serve at least 1 million farm families – with more than 5 million people living in those families. And the farmers we serve will produce enough surplus food to feed another 5 million of their neighbors.
This is only the tip of the iceberg. When millions of farmers speak with one voice, we can more effectively pursue collaboration together with government and the private sector to broaden our reach.
Below, watch our co-founder Andrew Youn deliver a TED talk explaining how One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the financing and training they need to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.