Julius Berger Nigeria Plc (Julius Berger) is a leading construction company offering integrated solutions and related services. Julius Berger specializes in executing complex works that require the highest level of technical expertise and Nigeria-specific knowhow.
Since its pioneer project in 1965 – the construction of the Eko Bridge in Lagos – Julius Berger has played a pivotal role in the development of Nigeria’s industrial and civil infrastructure. The company utilizes state-of-the-art construction methods and technologies to ensure that quality and innovation are prioritized for the benefit of clients. Core competencies cover all project phases, including planning, design, engineering, construction, maintenance and operation, for infrastructure, industry and building projects.
Julius Berger’s business is supported by vertically integrated operations, which augment efficiency and timely project execution. Subsidiaries and additional facilities make it possible to realize multifaceted construction projects at the highest level of performance.
International Organization for Standardization (ISO) certification demonstrates that the company’s management systems are well equipped to consistently meet clients’ needs and quality is continuously improved.
- Public Limited Company listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 1991
- Construction portfolio includes infrastructure, industry, building and facility services
- Construction-related products and services available for sale
- Health, Safety and Environmental Protection standards in accordance with international best practices
- Quality Management System certified to fulfill the requisitions of ISO 9001:2015
- Operating in compliance with the Nigerian Content Act
Julius Berger’s value system is built on the belief that the company’s duty, apart from delivering the highest quality standards in work, is to support and advance the development of its staff, host communities and the country of Nigeria itself.
The company aspires to operate its business in a manner that exceeds the ethical, economical and public expectations of the society. Values such as innovation, integrity, reliability and partnership drive Julius Berger’s corporate culture. Excellence in health, safety and environmental protection, investment in the professional development of staff, as well as sustainable business practices are fundamental components of the company’s operations.
Julius Berger holds itself accountable for being honest, fair and respectful in all aspects of its business, and operates in a zero tolerance atmosphere for any actions that could be perceived as contrary to these standards.
At Julius Berger, our vision is to be Nigeria’s most dynamic construction company.
- We seize opportunities for both our company and the country.
- We work with dedication to maintain our clients’ trust.
- We operate with a holistic approach and a solutions-driven mindset.
- We seek efficient methods to deliver on our clients’ requisitions.
- We integrate our multiple resources, including specialized personnel or production and service facilities, to achieve the best results.
The construction business of Julius Berger is the heart of the Julius Berger Group. Subsidiaries contribute to this core business, making it possible to offer a broad range of products and services. This structure allows Julius Berger to effectively manage and fulfil construction projects, starting from the initial idea, through to design and engineering, construction and maintenance.
Julius Berger International GmbH (JBI), in Germany, serves as a key collaborator in planning, design and engineering by unlocking expansive knowledge on cutting-edge construction technologies worldwide. In addition, JBI logisticians guarantee global procurement of materials that cannot be sourced and supplied locally in Nigeria.
Julius Berger Investments Ltd. serves for the planning and support activities of the Strategic Business Development.
Julius Berger Free Zone Enterprise was established for executing the business activities of the Julius Berger Group in Free Trade Zones across Nigeria.
Julius Berger Services Nigeria Ltd. (JBSN) serves as a multipurpose terminal operator at the Warri Port – Terminal C. The company employs a comprehensive equipment pool and vast terminal size, which together ensure timely and efficient loading, offloading and storage. Services include: stevedoring, shipping, warehousing and slipway.
PrimeTech Design and Engineering Nigeria Ltd. provides architectural and engineering services for the construction of buildings, civil structures, industries, roads and infrastructure and has the capabilities to provide (pre-)feasibility studies and front end engineering design (FEED).
Abumet Nigeria Ltd. is a leading aluminum and glass manufacturer in Nigeria. The company’s core business is the planning, production and installation of aluminum and glass products applied to a wide range of building projects.
Julius Berger has established a self-sufficient logistics chain; vertically integrated operations improve efficiency and timeliness of project execution.
- Subsidiaries support the company’s ability to offer a complete range of construction-related services.
- Production facilities provide independence from suppliers and ensure strict quality control.
- Equipment fleet serves as a pivotal resource in the timely execution of projects; specialized mechanics ensure maintenance and availability of a vast fleet.
- Yard facilities located across the country enable local production, testing and storage of construction-related materials and services.
- Logistical network provides efficient and flexible movement of personnel, materials and equipment – including locations accessible only by water.