The Federal Ministry of Finance is the government body that manages the finances of the Federal Government of Nigeria, including managing, controlling and monitoring federal revenues and expenditures.
OVERVIEW AND MANDATE OF THE MINISTRY
– The Presidential Assignment of Responsibilities gazette No. 15, Vol.76 of March 3, 1989.
– The Foreign Exchange (Monitoring and Miscellaneous Provision) Act of 1995.
– Pre-shipment Inspection of Export Decree of 1996. (Now, Destination Inspection).
Mandate of the Ministry
– Formulating policies and fiscal matters.
– Preparing annual estimates of revenue and expenditure for the Federal Government.
– Formulating policies in collaboration with Central Bank of Nigeria to curb inflationary trends on the economy.
– Preparing and publishing quarterly and annual reports on the economy.
– Monitoring domestic and external financial resources for development purposes.