Who we are
Primarily funded by the Federal Government, the Ministry currently superintends almost fifty parastatals operating as either key departments or agencies across the country.
The Ministry has 2 major departments namely Technical and Service Departments. Technical Departments: Agriculture (Trees and Crops), Fisheries, Livestock, Land Resources, Fertilizer, Food Reserve & Storage and Rural Development.
Service Departments: Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, PPAS (Plan, Policy, Analysis & Statistics) and Co-operatives
What we do
What we have started doing!
- Execute an agricultural transformation agenda to support Mr. Presidents Transformation Agenda
- Focus on agriculture as a business
- Utilize the transformation of the agricultural sector to create jobs, create wealth and ensure food security
- Focus on value chains where Nigeria has comparative advantage
Develop strategic partnerships to stimulate investments to drive a market-led agricultural transformation
- State and Local Governments
- Inter-ministerial collaboration
- Private sector
- Farmer groups and civil society
- Sharp focus on youth and women