About Coca-Cola Journey
On Nov. 12, 2012, The Coca-Cola Company dove headfirst into the unchartered waters of brand journalism by reimagining our corporate website as a dynamic digital magazine and owned media channel. Inspired by leading online publishers and powered by social media, the pioneering storytelling brings the compelling stories behind our company and brands – who we are, what we do and why we do it – to the forefront through a digital publishing experience designed to inspire, educate and provoke action. We made this big bet in digital content because we believed – and still believe – that authentic stories matter, that exceptional writing and visuals win the day, and that building a global digital newsroom and real-time PR tool could transform how we engage with all readers – fans, employees, stakeholders, critics and more.
In addition to in-depth, magazine-style feature stories brought to life with compelling photography, video and audio, Journey also includes eye-catching infographics and user-generated content (UGC). And while our site continues to house corporate content such as a press center, company reports, investor information, job postings and executive bios, our design and editorial focus more closely resemble a digital magazine than a company website.
Coca-Cola Journey makes (and sometimes breaks) Coca-Cola news, bringing to life the stories bubbling just beneath the surface of our brands and business. We amplify – and add an editorial voice to – our marketing campaigns and sponsorship assets. We champion our culture, humanize our company, and find fresh ways to tell our sustainability and innovation stories. We celebrate our past, present and future. And we capitalize on pop culture moments and real-time opportunities.
A Global Journey
Over the last three years, the Journey family has grown to 20+ sites, spanning more than 30 countries around the globe and 14 languages. These country and regional sites share a similar look-and-feel with our flagship site, but are published in the local language and produced by local Coca-Cola communications teams for local readers.
The Journey Media Platform is our global publishing umbrella comprised of:
- The global Coca-Cola Journey website
- International versions of Coca-Cola Journey
- Our blog, Coca-Cola Unbottled
- Our corporate social media channels
What’s in a Name?
Journey was originally a quarterly internal magazine the company published from 1987 until 1997. Its name was inspired by the proverb: “Success is not a destination, but a journey.” As then-Chairman and CEO Roberto Goizueta wrote in the debut issue, “The magazine’s purpose is to chronicle the journey on which we, and the great Company for which we work, have embarked.” Journey’s people-driven feature stories, professional photography and glossy, high-end production made it a hit with associates worldwide in the pre-Internet era. When it came time to re-launch our corporate website, Coke’s Digital Communications and Social Media team decided to bring back the name as a modern version of the original concept.
Mission, Vision & Values
The world is changing all around us. To continue to thrive as a business over the next ten years and beyond, we must look ahead, understand the trends and forces that will shape our business in the future and move swiftly to prepare for what’s to come. We must get ready for tomorrow today. That’s what our 2020 Vision is all about. It creates a long-term destination for our business and provides us with a “Roadmap” for winning together with our bottling partners.
Our Roadmap starts with our mission, which is enduring. It declares our purpose as a company and serves as the standard against which we weigh our actions and decisions.
- To refresh the world…
- To inspire moments of optimism and happiness…
- To create value and make a difference.
Our vision serves as the framework for our Roadmap and guides every aspect of our business by describing what we need to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable, quality growth.
- People: Be a great place to work where people are inspired to be the best they can be.
- Portfolio: Bring to the world a portfolio of quality beverage brands that anticipate and satisfy people’s desires and needs.
- Partners: Nurture a winning network of customers and suppliers, together we create mutual, enduring value.
- Planet: Be a responsible citizen that makes a difference by helping build and support sustainable communities.
- Profit: Maximize long-term return to shareowners while being mindful of our overall responsibilities.
- Productivity: Be a highly effective, lean and fast-moving organization.
Our Winning Culture
Our Winning Culture defines the attitudes and behaviors that will be required of us to make our 2020 Vision a reality.
Live Our Values
Our values serve as a compass for our actions and describe how we behave in the world.
- Leadership: The courage to shape a better future
- Collaboration: Leverage collective genius
- Integrity: Be real
- Accountability: If it is to be, it’s up to me
- Passion: Committed in heart and mind
- Diversity: As inclusive as our brands
- Quality: What we do, we do well
Focus on the Market
- Focus on needs of our consumers, customers and franchise partners
- Get out into the market and listen, observe and learn
- Possess a world view
- Focus on execution in the marketplace every day
- Be insatiably curious
- Act with urgency
- Remain responsive to change
- Have the courage to change course when needed
- Remain constructively discontent
- Work efficiently
Act Like Owners
- Be accountable for our actions and inactions
- Steward system assets and focus on building value
- Reward our people for taking risks and finding better ways to solve problems
- Learn from our outcomes — what worked and what didn’t
Be the Brand
- Inspire creativity, passion, optimism and fun