Who We Are
Chams PLC is Nigeria’s leading provider of integrated identity management and identity and payments transactional systems and solutions provider. Over the last3 decades, Chams has evolved from computer and hardware maintenance to providing enterprise technology solutions in the identity management and transaction payments space to public and private sector institutions.
- We have been part of every major success story in Identity management in Nigeria since 1992 to date.
- Owing to our experience and expertise, we have built robust, secure and adaptable platforms to drive identity management, identity transactions and verification services for public/private sector initiatives and businesses.
- Incorporated in 1985, we have grown from a privately owned business to a publicly quoted company listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
In the identity management space, Chams executed identification and verification related projects for institutions that include INEC, NCC, NHIS, PeNCOM, ICAN, Customs, Nigerian AirFORCE, NAHCO, Head of Service of the Federation, Osun state, Anambra State, Ogun State, Adamawa State, Benue State, Government and Private educational institutions, private sector organisations. Currently, we are working with the government of Oyo State in the IGR collection and Resident Registration in Osun State.
The successful execution of Nigeria’s banking industry Bank Verification Number Project for the identification and verification of bank customers could not be mentioned without including Chams PLC having handled the execution and deployment of the solutions and agents for the project. The multi-million dollar project is an initiative of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Banker’s Committee, and is the first banking industry biometrics identity matching solution in the global financial markets.
Chams PLC is also the front end partner to the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), the agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) responsible for the creation of new, standardised and robust National Identity Management scheme.
Chams pioneered Nigeria’s first payment card scheme, Valucard, with VISA, and is licensed by the central bank of Nigeria to provide the under listed services in the Nigerian market:
– Independent ATM Deployment
– POS Terminal Service Provider
– Mobile Payments
– Prepaid Card Issuance
– Transaction Switching
Chams PLC is the first home-grown company to be listed in Guinness Book of Records for setting up the mega ChamsCity Digital Mall and also the first computer technology company listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange under ICT.
Our Core Values
- To create a healthy and dynamic work environment characterised by I-CASE
- Commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Faith in God.
- I – Inventiveness: Solution oriented, Resourceful, Creative
- C – Candor: Frankness, Forthrightness, Sincerity
- A – Agility: Dexterity, Swiftness, Nimble, Adaptability
- S – Savvy: Knowledgeable, Know-how, Thought Leader
- E – Excitement: Fun, Enthusiasm, Positivity
QUALITY POLICY STATEMENT
CHAMS is resolutely committed to delivering excellent technology and Business Intelligence solution(s) that are consistently safe and in line with our Quality Management System (QMS), thus enhancing the quality of life.
Management ensures compliance with industry, regulatory and statutory requirements and communicates same to all stakeholders in line with set quality objectives.
Management also is committed to establishing structures necessary for continual improvement of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System in order to enhance customer satisfaction.
Group Managing Director