We make some of the most beloved brands in Nigeria – Cadbury Bournvita beverage, TomTom and Trebor Buttermint confections. We are part of Mondelēz International, Inc., a global snacks powerhouse with an unrivaled portfolio of brands people love.
While Cadbury Nigeria and its brands are part of the Mondelēz International family, a portion of our business in Nigeria (25.01%) is held by indigenous shareholders and publicly traded on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. You can view additional shareholder information in our latest
See What We’re All About!
Taste the excitement and passion we experience every day at Mondelēz International.
Creating Brands People Love
The origins of Cadbury Nigeria Plc. date back to the 1950s when the business was founded as an operation to source cocoa beans from Nigeria and as a precursor to enable the company’s founders to tap opportunities for serving the local consumer-market with world-famous, Cadbury-branded products.
In the early 1960s, an initial operation was established to re-pack imported bulk products. This packing operation grew rapidly into a fully-fledged manufacturing operation and resulted in the incorporation of Cadbury Nigeria Limited in January 1965. In 1976, the firm became a publicly listed company with shares traded locally on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Cadbury Nigeria has grown to become a household name providing consumers with much-loved brands and revenue of N35.7b in 2013.
Rich Portfolio Of High Quality Brands
Introduced in 1960, Cadbury Bournvita, the company’s flagship brand, was initially imported and re-packed locally on the current site at Agidingbi, Ikeja Lagos. Having consolidated the Food Drinks market in Nigeria, Cadbury Bournvita became in 1965 the first Food Drink to be locally manufactured. Cadbury Bournvita was re-launched in a World Class, Environmentally Friendly Polypropylene Jar in 2011 and remains today a market leader in the Food Drinks category. In 2013, the Nutrition Society of Nigeria (NSN) endorsed Cadbury Bournvita as a Food Drink rich in energy and essential micronutrients, the only Food Drink Brand to be so endorsed.
Other Brands In The Portfolio
Cadbury Nigeria also developed other product-categories, most notably Candy. Introduced in 1970, TomTom–the big, black and white sweet for soothing relief which has sustained market leadership for over 40 years–remains the most iconic brand in the Nigerian Candy market. It now comes in three variants: Classic, HoneyLemon and Strawberry. The other brand in the company’s Candy portfolio is Trebor Buttermint, the delicious sweet with the double pleasure of butter and mint. In 2012, the company expanded its product categories in Nigeria when it launched Tang, the global leader in powdered beverages.
Cadbury Nigeria owned 99.66% equity in Stanmark Cocoa Processing Company Limited, located in Ondo Town in Ondo State, Nigeria. The Company provides all the cocoa powder required for manufacturing Cadbury Bournvita. Stanmark Cocoa Processing Company Limited processed cocoa beans into several high quality cocoa by-products (such as cocoa butter, cocoa powder, cocoa cake and cocoa liquor) for local and export markets. In April 2013, Cadbury Nigeria acquired the majority equity-interests in Stanmark Cocoa Processing Company Limited, becoming part of the enlarged Cadbury Nigeria family and now known as Cadbury Nigeria Plc Cocoa Processing Plant.
People Are Our Greatest Asset
We have the right people who help make Cadbury Nigeria a great place to work. From our initial staff-strength of 200 in 1965, Cadbury Nigeria currently employs about 1,000 people who have chosen to build their careers with the company.
Mondelez International has a majority equity-interest of 74.97% in Cadbury Nigeria through its holding in Cadbury Schweppes Overseas Limited. The remaining 25.03% equity-ownership is held by a diverse group of Nigerian individuals and institutional shareholders.
Rate This Company ( 4 average based on 1 Review )
Cadbury Mondelez is a great place to work with good pay and excellent career prospect.